Discover a Career in Health Care
Partners is a summer career awareness program for bright, enthusiastic rising high school juniors and seniors. Through the program, students embark on a unique journey of discovery through clinical rotations and instructional time. Students are exposed to day-to-day hospital operations while forging an invaluable link to their future career goals.
- Mandatory Orientation: Saturday, June 7
- Session A: June 9-27
- Session B: July 7-25
Summer Program Outline
- One-day MANDATORY hospital orientation covering confidentiality, hospital ethics, HIPAA, Safety, Group Dynamics, etc.
- Clinical training, including vital signs, blood pressure, heart rate.
- Three (3) weeks of morning clinical rotations. Areas may include nursing floors; physical, occupational or respiratory therapy; emergency department; surgery; pharmacy; lab; physician offices; urgent care facilities; and, radiology.
- Afternoon classroom work and training. Activities include presentations from health care professionals, tours, journal writing, presentations, group projects and field trips.
- Work hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lexington Medical Center is committed to providing the best quality and care to our patients and community. LMC recognizes the positive influence the Partners program has in the lives of its participants. The Partners Book Scholarship exemplifies LMC's pursuit of excellence through building partnerships with education as well as future health care professionals. Upon completion of the program, LMC will award one (1) rising senior from each Lexington County high school and one (1) rising senior from a home or private school a $1,000 Partners Book Scholarship. The scholarship receipts will utilize the funds during their freshman year of college.
- Student will be a rising junior or rising senior high school student and Lexington County resident or attend a Lexington County school.
- Must have an overall “B” average based on the South Carolina Uniform Grading Scale. Student’s GPA must be verified by a school official.
- Acceptance requires a continuous commitment of three (3) weeks.
- A panel interview is expected of all final candidates.
Partners is an intensely competitive program so we suggest you register early. Due to high demand, no exceptions can be made for band camp, cheerleading camp, Governor’s School, vacations, and the like.
Application must include:
- two (2) letters of recommendation displaying the student's genuine interest in health care.
- a recent copy of the student’s school transcript.
- Completed application form.
A complete application (including all items above) must be submitted by February 1, 2014. You can hand deliver or mail the application to:
Lexington Medical Center Human Resources
Attention: Patricia Perez, Workforce Development Coordinator
2720 Sunset Blvd.
West Columbia, SC 29169