Partners: Summer Health Career Awareness
Brochure & Application
Contact Kelli Bennett at (803) 936-4104.
Partners Application will be available December 1, 2012
Requirements & Application
Discover the Health Care Profession
Partners is a Summer Career Awareness Program for bright, enthusiastic rising high school juniors and seniors to embark on a unique journey of discovery in the health care profession. Through clinical rotations and instructional time, students are exposed to day-to-day hospital operations while forging an invaluable link to their future.
By encountering a wide variety of potential career choices in health care, students may find their career interests confirmed or redirected.
Summer 2012 Program Outline
- One Day MANDATORY hospital orientation (Confidentiality, Hospital ethics, HIPAA, Safety, Group Dynamics, etc.).
- Clinical training (vital signs, blood pressure, heart rate).
- Three (3) weeks of Morning Clinical rotations. Areas may include Nursing Floors, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Emergency Room, Surgery, Pharmacy, Lab, Physicians Offices, Respiratory Therapy, Urgent Care facilities, Radiology.
- Afternoon classroom work/training. Activities include presentations from health care professionals, tours, journal writing, presentations, group projects, and field trips.
- Work hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
Lexington Medical Center maintains a commitment to providing the best quality and care to our patients and community. LMC recognizes the positive influence the Partners Program has in the lives of its participants. The Partners Book Scholarship exemplifies LMC's pursuit of excellence through building partnerships with education as well as future health care professionals. Upon completion of the program, LMC will award one (1) rising senior from each Lexington County high school and one (1) rising senior from home/private schools a $1,000 Book Scholarship. The scholarship receipts will utilize the funds during their freshman year of college.
Space is Limited
Partners is an intensely competitive program. Due to high demand, no exceptions can be made for band camp, cheerleading camp, Governor's School, vacations, etc.