Cost of Living
A Better Life
Beyond the beauty of the landscape and the friendly people, Lexington County offers many incentives to its residents, including affordable housing and some of the lowest prices for your everyday needs in one of the most affluent counties in South Carolina.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Lexington County ranks in the top 5% in South Carolina for:
- Population and projected growth
- Highest family incomes
- Most number of insured as a percentage of population
- Lowest unemployment rate
The housing diversity of Richland and Lexington Counties offers more than just friendly neighborhoods, but also a wealth of different home styles and communities. Whether it is a condo in downtown, a single-family home or a ranch-style home in the country, the Columbia area has some of the most affordable homes within the Southeast.
- Median home cost is Columbia is $134,400
- Median Mortgage payment of $1,055 per month
- Cost of living is 18.42% lower than U.S. average