What Others are Saying
We Care About Our Nurses
Our nursing staff is committed to caring not only for our patients, but also for each other. We have a collaborative medical staff that listens to and values nursing practice for its contribution to positive patient outcomes. Within the "small town" supportive environment of LMC, our nurses are rejuvenated by what they love to do - care for their patients.
In addition to the main hospital, there are nursing opportunities at our Community Medical Centers, Outpatient Surgery Centers and Physician Practices.
We offer competitive salary and benefits:
- On-site childcare
- Education assistance
- On-site clinical education programs
- Financial incentives for specialty certification
- Attractive retirement options
Growing Our Profession
The nursing profession is in high demand. We believe that investing in our nurses is investing in our future. Whether it is our partnerships with various Colleges of Nursing, our Shadowing Programs or our Residency Programs, we strive to support and create an impassioned and well-rounded team of nurses.
- Partners Program, HOSA Affiliations and Shadowing Experiences: During the year many students from area high schools and middle schools visit LMC to gain knowledge about health care careers.
- Strengthening Partnerships with Colleges of Nursing: Approximately 400 nursing students participated in clinical rotations at LMC. Student and instructor feedback is extremely positive.
- Nursing Scholarships, Loans and Tuition Reimbursement: LMC Auxiliary, LMC Foundation and LMC contributed more than $185,000 toward nursing student scholarships during the year. Scholarships are awarded in $1,000 – $2,000 increments.
- National Certification in Nurse Specialty: Both ED and 6th Medical have 42% of their nurses certified in a national specialty. Overall, LMC has 24% of our nurses certified in a national specialty – well above the average.