Alzheimer’s Care Center
Carroll Campbell Place
802 Old Cherokee Road
Lexington, SC 29072
Exemplary Care in a Home-Like Environment
Carroll Campbell Place is an Alzheimer’s center designed to offer residents exemplary care in two 18-room living areas.
Designed by Renowned Architects
Designed by nationally renowned health care architects, Carroll Campbell Place has been created as a home-like and non-institutional environment, featuring state-of-the-art “sensory” design to better facilitate Alzheimer’s residents, including:
- Soothing color schemes to prevent agitation
- Automatic lighting and restroom facilities
- Recessed doors and short hallways to prevent wandering
- Numerous windows to help residents be aware of time and seasons
Nursing stations have been designed to be resident-friendly and each private room is decorated with personalized “memory boxes” to aide in personal recognition.
A wide variety of specifically tailored activities are available on a daily basis. In addition, each of the living areas have a bird aviary to enhance the resident’s quality of life.
Single Occupancy Rooms
All resident rooms (approximately 150 square feet) are single occupancy and provide the privacy of a full bathroom with shower. Families and residents are encouraged to personalize their rooms with possessions and furniture from home.
Each Room is Equipped With:
- Hospital-type electrically operated bed
- Bed-side stand with drawers
- Over bed table
- Straight chair
- Armoire for television, clothing, and personal storage
- 20-inch color television with built in VCR
- Television programming at no extra charge
- Wall jack for personal telephone (telephone and service not included)
- Bench seat in bay-type window (storage underneath)
- Bed-side lamp
Highlights of the Care Center
- 25,000 Square foot building.
- Center provides care for 36 residents in 2 separate 18-bed living areas. The Center has controlled access.
- A controlled wandering/healing garden allows residents to enjoy walking and relaxing outside. (approximately 5,000 sq. ft. each).
- Lounges feature bird aviaries.
- Designed as residential and as home-like as possible with an openness to create a warm, non-institutional environment.
- All private rooms with private bathrooms (including showers).
Resources for Loved Ones and Friends
The healing process is greatly enhanced by meeting the spiritual needs of our patients.
A special library for patients, their families and health care consumers in our community.
Download helpful legal and medical forms.