Volunteering at Extended Care
How to Volunteer
We Welcome Volunteers.
In 2009, volunteers gave over 93,000 hours of volunteer service to making life better for our residents. Volunteer positions available in every department except maintenance and medical records.
- Pet Therapy
- Adopt-A-Grandparent Program
- Operation Granny's Christmas
- Plant Therapy
- Music Therapy, including dance, exercise, piano players, soloist, and more
- Friendly Visitor Program
- Pen Pal Program
- Service Learning Programs for schools, colleges, and churches
- Shadowing Programs for youth and adults
- Arbitration Program
- Pre-Trial Intervention Program
- And many more!
Granny's Nook Gift Shop
All proceeds from Granny's Nook Gift Shop go back into purchasing more merchandise and purchasing special items for our residents.
Pet Therapy Program
We have a very active Pet Therapy Program with over 45 pets involved, and we're always looking for more. Pets do not have to be certified, but do have to follow LMC Extended Care guidelines and DHEC's guidelines.
The Following Donations are Always Needed:
- Monetary help with personal needs for our residents, drug bills, Operation Granny's Christmas, supplies, equipment for the residents and other needs
- Bingo gifts
- Reading material
- Special equipment
- Snacks (must be from a state inspected kitchen with the date on the package)