Sleep Disorder Questionnaire
Epworth Daytime Sleepiness Evaluation
Rank how likely you may be to fall asleep in the situations outlined below. If you score a 9 or above using the scale provided, seek the advice of a sleep specialist.
Scale - Chance of Dozing
- 0 = No chance of dozing.
- 1 = Slight chance of dozing.
- 2 = Moderate chance of dozing.
- 3 = High chance of dozing.
Situations - Rank how likely you are to fall asleep.
- ___ Sitting and reading
- ___ Watching television
- ___ Sitting inactive in a public place (such as a theatre or meeting)
- ___ Riding as a passenger in a vehicle for an hour (uninterrupted)
- ___ Lying down in the afternoon for a nap
- ___ Sitting and talking with someone
- ___ Sitting quietly after a lunch that did not include an alcoholic beverage
- ___ Sitting in a car while waiting in traffic
Compare your total points to the scale below:
- 1-8: Your score is average. You’re likely getting enough sleep.
- 9 or higher: You may have a sleep disorder. Seek the advice of a sleep specialist.