Questions about visiting?
Call the information desk at (803) 791-2000 for assistance.
Visiting Medical/Surgical Patients
Anytime, day or night.
- No need to sign in when visiting during normal visitation hours.
- Visitors planning to stay with patients should first speak with nursing staff.
- We are a smoke-free facility.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Animals (other than service animals) are not permitted.
Visiting the ICU
Anytime Except 7 a.m. - 9 a.m. & 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Two visitors at a time are welcome in the ICU waiting area and ICU rooms during visiting hours.
- Patient’s health may necessitate periods of rest at any time.
- Please check in with ICU nurses before entering any patient’s room.
- Visit Vision is not available in ICU rooms.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the ICU.
During labor, visitors are limited to no more than two people in addition to a primary support person. Some procedures will require all visitors to leave the room. A waiting room with a telephone, restroom, television, magazines and coffee is available to waiting visitors.
For the safety and privacy of others, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Child visitors are limited to the patient’s children and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors cannot wait in any Birth Center hallway for extended periods of time.
- Phone calls are not placed to patients during labor and delivery to respect the expectant mother’s privacy during a very personal process.