Guidelines for Visitors
Patient Phone Numbers
Call patients directly at:
(803) 739-3 + room number
Phone calls may be received anytime except on the Pediatric Unit. Pediatric patients may be called directly between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Questions about Visiting?
Visiting an Inpatient
Visitors are not required to sign-in when visiting inpatients during normal visiting hours.
- Visiting hours are 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m., 7 days a week.
- LexMed is a smoke-free facility.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Animals are not permitted on the premises.
Visiting the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Two visitors at a time are welcome in the ICU waiting area and ICU rooms during visiting hours. Visiting hours for the Critical Care unit are posted at the entrance to the lounges that serve the Intensive Care Unit on both the third and fourth floors.
- Visiting the ICU is allowed at all times except 7:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Rest periods will be requested at all other times unless special arrangements are needed.
- Please check with the ICU nurses before entering any patient’s room.
- Visit Vision is not available in ICU rooms.
- No children under 12 are allowed in the ICU.
Visiting the Maternity Ward
- During labor, limit visitors to two persons other than your support person. Some procedures require all visitors to leave the room at the request of either the patient or medical staff.
- Children visiting the Labor and Delivery area must be accompanied by an adult. (Child visitors are limited to the patient’s children.)
- Visitors are not allowed to wait in the hallway for an extended amount of time. A waiting room providing a telephone, restroom, television, magazines and coffee is available.
- No phone calls can be placed to a patient in Labor and Delivery in order to respect the privacy of the expectant mother during this very personal process.