Leaders in Care
We’ve long been associated with high-quality patient care and satisfaction. But we're also a leader in providing the most advanced medical technology and treatment options.
- We perform more surgeries than any other hospital in the Midlands, with 29 state-of-the-art operating rooms.
- We were the first hospital in South Carolina to perform microwave ablation, a minimally invasive, outpatient treatment used to destroy tumors.
- We were one of the first hospitals in the state to offer IGRT, an innovative radiation therapy that can result in higher cure rates and fewer side effects.
- We were one of the first hospitals in the state to perform single incision laparoscopic surgery, which often limits scarring, shortens recovery time and reduces postoperative pain.
- We have percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) designation which allows us to perform angioplasty to restore blood flow in someone experiencing a heart attack.
- Two state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization suites support intricate diagnostic and interventional procedures, including angioplasty, to clear blocked arteries without traditional surgery or a lengthy recovery.
- Our powerful linear accelerator delivers precise amounts of radiation to even the smallest cancerous tumors to spare healthy tissue and limit side effects.
- Our cancer program boasts the region’s most experienced radiologists and pathologists devoted to curing a disease that claims more than 500,000 Americans per year.
Advances in Radiology
- LMC has added another 128 slice CT to CAT Scan giving us two high-end CT scanners along with our 64 slice scanner allowing us the ability to perform more cardiac work in CT.
- LMC has recently added more functionality to Nuclear Medicine with a new GE camera allowing us more flexibility for patient exams.
- Radiation Oncology has added a 3rd linear accelerator, Varian’s True Beam, in the past year offering access to the most advanced technology in the fight against cancer. Utilizing the Varian True Beam’s targeted therapy and advanced imaging, patients no longer have to travel miles from home to receive the care that is found at large research institutions. Radiation Oncology has also welcomed a Nurse Practitioner to support the increasing volume of cancer patients being managed in the Lexington Medical Center, Duke affiliated oncology network.
Da Vinci Surgical System
- Leading the way in the use of new technology utilizing the da Vinci® surgical system, we now provide patients with an advanced robotic minimally –invasive alternative to open surgery.
TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement)
- Lexington Medical Center has continued to build its heart program by offering a variety of new services. This spring, LMC began to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement, known as TAVR. This state-of-the-art cardiovascular technology allows doctors to replace the aortic valve in high-risk patients without open heart surgery. In May of 2014, LMC performed the first fully percutaneous TAVR procedure in S.C. The hospital also offers non-surgical closure for atrial septal defects (ASDs) and patent foramen ovale (PFO). Like TAVR, this minimally invasive procedure eliminates the need for open heart surgery for some patients, resulting in shorter hospital stays and faster recovery.